Metrolinx has kept customers and communities updated throughout the pandemic when it comes to staff who have tested positive for COVID. Here is the latest update.
In the past week, four additional Metrolinx employees have tested positive for COVID-1 – two of the staff have been working exclusively at home; another is a bus operator who has not been at work since Nov. 9; and the other works as a station staff in Union Station whose last day of work was Nov. 2.
None of the most recent cases are connected in any way, nor did they contract the virus at the workplace. Customers were not at risk of exposure. Out of over 4,300 Metrolinx employees, 32 have tested positive for COVID-19. To date, there have been no outbreaks on the transit system as safety protocols have helped limit – and get ahead – of the spread.
As numbers continue to increase around the province and some areas are in lockdown, everyone is reminded to take care of themselves and each other by recommitting to the basics from public health:
- Stay home and off transit if your are ill or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19
- Wear your face covering and ensure you keep both your nose and mouth covered (Check out the Metrolinx PPE dispensers and branded masks)
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer found on buses, trains and in stations when you can’t
- Download the COVID Alert App.
- Make a plan to celebrate the holiday season safely.
Story by Anne Marie Aikins, Metrolinx senior manager of media.