Metrolinx has kept customers and communities updated throughout the pandemic when it comes to staff who have tested positive for COVID. Here is the latest update.
In the past week, four additional Metrolinx employees have tested positive for COVID-19. The staff were either working from home or have not been at work since prior to November 17; therefore no other staff nor customers were potentially exposed.
None of the most recent staff cases of COVID-19 are connected in any way, nor did they contract the virus at work. Out of over 4,300 Metrolinx employees, 36 have now tested positive for COVID-19. To date, there have been no outbreaks on our system as our safety protocols have helped limit – and stay ahead – of the spread of the virus.
However, as the holiday season nears, it is important to not let down our guard. Metrolinx staff have worked hard for many months and with the positive vaccine news on the horizon it is more important than ever to recommit to the basics from public health:
- Stay home and off transit if ill or potentially exposed to COVID-19
- Wear a face covering and ensure both the nose and mouth is covered at all times (Check out the Metrolinx PPE dispensers and branded masks)
- Wash hands regularly and use hand sanitizer found on buses, trains and in stations
- Download the COVID Alert App.
- Make a plan to celebrate the holiday season safely.
Story by Anne Marie Aikins, Metrolinx senior manager of media.