Starting Oct. 18, the new pilot GO train service will extend beyond the Kitchener GO Line to St. Marys, Stratford, and London. Metrolinx News updates customers on the new train schedules and ticketing info.
New schedules are now available for pilot GO train service to London.
In case you missed the announcement last month, Metrolinx is introducing a GO train service pilot to London by extending service beyond the Kitchener GO line. The weekday London train service kicks-off on Oct. 18.
As part of the GO pilot, the transit agency is offering one early weekday morning GO train trip from London to Toronto and one weekday evening trip from Toronto to London.
- The eastbound train leaves London VIA station at 5:20 a.m., arriving at Toronto’s Union Station at 9:13 a.m.
- The westbound train leaves Union Station at 4:19 p.m., arriving in London at 8:17 p.m.
The eastbound trip will make all stops from London to Bramalea GO (including St. Marys and Stratford), and then go express to Union Station. The westbound trip will also run express, from Union Station to Bramalea GO and then make all stops to London.
Get the more information on the new GO Transit to London webpage.
How much will it cost?
- A one-way trip between Toronto and London will be $30
- St. Marys to Toronto will be $27.50
- Stratford to Toronto will be $25
- A trip between London and Kitchener will cost $17.50
All customers leaving from or going to London, St. Marys, or Stratford will need to pay their fare with GO e-tickets. PRESTO is not available for these trips. Printable e-tickets will also be available from VIA’s website.
Story by Scott Money, Metrolinx News Editorial team