This summer, Metrolinx is adding more GO Bus service – including trips to Canada’s Wonderland, St. Jacobs Market and Toronto Premium Outlets. There will also be more frequent trips on some popular bus routes and other schedule changes.
With more customers returning to transit, Metrolinx is adding new GO Bus destinations for the summer.
Starting June 25, Metrolinx is introducing seasonal trips to popular destinations around the region. Customers can ride to Canada’s Wonderland in Vaughan, St. Jacobs Market in Waterloo and Toronto Premium Outlets in Halton Hills.
Schedule changes for buses and trains, along with some increased bus service, will also begin later this month.
Here is all the need-to-know information. Schedules are also available on the GO Transit website.
Canada’s Wonderland (Vaughan)
- Starting June 25, some GO Bus Routes 47 and 52 trips will serve two new stops at Canada’s Wonderland and Major Mackenzie Drive at Hwy 400 Park & Ride
- Until the Labour Day weekend, on Route 47, trips will run hourly in both directions on weekends, and on Route 52, every two hours in both directions
- GO Buses will serve Platform 1 at Canada’s Wonderland
Toronto Premium Outlets (Halton Hills) and St. Jacobs Market (Waterloo)
- From June 25 until the last weekend in August, some Route 25 trips will make new stops on Saturdays at St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market, on Farmer’s Market Road at Weber Street, and at Toronto Premium Outlets on Steeles Avenue, at Trafalgar Road
- On Sundays, Route 25L will serve Toronto Premium Outlets only
- Also on weekends, Route 25C will run hourly express service between Square One, the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University
Bus service increases
- Starting June 25, Metrolinx is adding more express Route 12B trips on weekdays and weekends to provide hourly service during the summer season
- Starting June 25, there will be more weekend service on Route 16 to provide more travel options between Hamilton and Toronto
Other schedule adjustments
- The list of other service adjustments is long, so those who regularly take the bus should check the schedules before they head out
- Customers travelling from London, St. Marys and Stratford should take note of changing schedules at their stations, with trips departing as much as 15 minutes earlier as trains run at reduced speeds along parts of the tracks owned by CN. In the afternoon, westbound trips arriving at Stratford, St. Marys and London will arrive four to eight minutes later
- There are also minor schedule changes on weekdays and weekends on the Barrie and Stouffville Lines, with some trips departing a couple of minutes earlier or later to better reflect actual travel times
As Metrolinx gradually adds new trips, be sure to check schedules in advance and plan ahead.
For customers who haven’t been on transit in a while, remember to pack a PRESTO card, tap on before boarding, and tap off if you don’t have a default set.
Masks are now optional but welcome on GO Transit vehicles and inside stations.
Story by Abby Zinman, Metrolinx editorial co-op student and Kate Manicom, Metrolinx communications senior advisor